Yesterday I watched a documentary for free on Documentary Wire.com entitled
A Diet For All Reasons which was a lecture by a medical doctor discussing how
the diet we eat determines if we get sick with chronic disease or stay healthy.
I'm finishing up my first month on a plant based diet and today my blood sugars
were 87 with 75-95 being non-diabetic and so it's working!
Over and over I've come to realize that the greatest treasure we have is our family
and close friends and we need to remember not to take them for granted and get
too caught up in daily activities.
Being a storyteller, one of the stories I tell is Aesop's The Northwind and the Sun
where the two of them have a contest to prove which one is the stronger of the two.
The Northwind goes first blowing cold gusts upon a traveler trying to get him to
take his coat off but the opposite happens and the wind leaves in disgust. Then it's
the Sun's turn and pours down his warm rays soothing the man who takes off
his coat. The moral is It's Better To Use Warm Persuasion Than Cold Force.
What kind of people do we want to be Sun's or Northwind's?
No comments:
Post a Comment