Now I want you to humor me as I ask you to open
your mind and perspective as I lay out some ideas.
I have studied the works of Dr. Edward de Bono and
Dr. Roger van Oech, who write about developing the skills
of thinking. Dr. van Oech discusses in his book
A Wack on the Side of the Head that many
times there is more than one right answer but we need to be
open minded and have the burning desire to look. Or as the
bible states," Seek and you shall find."
For centuries, various ideas and perspectives have been passed
down as the "truth" of the way things are because certain
individuals or organizations have decreed so! As we've been
told not to think for ourselves or explore different alternatives.
But now with the internet, a wealth of information is at everyone's
finger tips which makes it, for the first time in human history,
possible to explore different ideas, perspectives, and view points
and decide what we as thinking intelligent primates believe.
But then we should be able to be respectful of others points
of view even when we disagree, working toward mutual
understanding and solutions. Congress are you paying attention!
We've been told that religion and science can't work together!
But it's not true! Science can validate certain religious beliefs
by shining new light on it. We need to open our ears and to hear
the cries of the universe and the carpenter whose knowledge has
been ignored for too long!
For example, you may refer to the source of everything as God but
I prefer Universal Intelligence yet we're talking about the same idea
just using different labels. If we can't see that what hope is there for
us as a species!
No comments:
Post a Comment